MUSICAL CLUBS PLAN BUSY SPRING SEASON

Ten Concerts Scheduled.--Intercollegiate Glee Club Contest to be Held March 4.

The University Musical Clubs will begin their spring activities on Friday evening, February 18, with their annual spring concert at the Boston Harvard Club. On March 1 the clubs will give a concert, to be followed by a dance, in Fitchburg. March 4 the Glee Club will participate in the annual Intercollegiate Glee Club Contest, to be held in Carnegie Hall, New York, between the glee clubs of the University, Princeton, Dartmouth, Columbia, Pennsylvania, and Penn. State. The next concert will be held in the John Knowles Paine Concert Hall in the New Music Building, probably on March 9, and will afford an excellent opportunity for undergraduates to hear the clubs perform. Other concerts will be given as follows: March 17, Lawrence; March 22, Norwood; March 24, Providence, R. I.; and March 31, Lowell.

A short spring trip, to precede the April recess, will begin Friday, April 14, at which time the clubs will give their annual spring concert at the Harvard Club of New York, while on Saturday, April 15, a concert, followed by a dance, will be given in Montclair, N. J. Several other concerts are also being planned, but definite arrangements have not yet been made.

Spring Trials for Candidates.

Spring trials for the Musical Clubs will be held immediately after the finish of the mid-year period, at which time a number of new men will be taken on. Glee Club trials will be held in the New Music Building on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, February 15 and 16, at 7 o'clock. Trials for the instrumental clubs will be held at 123 Westmorly Court on Wednesday evening, February 16, at 7 o'clock. Any man is eligible to compete for the instrumental clubs who can play the mandolin, mandola, guitar, violin, 'cello, flute, clarinet, banjeaurine, banjo, or drums, but men who can play in both the Mandolin and Banjo Clubs will be given the preference, although in cases of marked ability a man may be retained who can play only one instrument. Every man must bring a solo to the trials.