UNIVERSITY GYMNASTS WILL FACE BROWN AT PROVIDENCE

Close Contest Expected with Brunonian Aggregation This Evening at 7.30 o'clock.

The University gymnastic team will meet Brown in Providence this evening at 7.30 o'clock. The meet promises to be exceedingly close, as last year's contest resulted in a victory for the University by a small margin. Furthermore, considering the tied result with Amherst and the fact that the latter have defeated Brown this year, Captain Campbell's team faces perhaps the most difficult problem of the season.

Mattison, of Brown, who stars in the same events in which Captain Campbell excells, is unquestionably Brown's most powerful factor, and for this reason, the horizontal bar, the parallel bars, and the flying rings should all three be features of this evening's performance.

Two other formidable opponents, whom the University will have to face, are B. Jones and Finch, the latter's specialty being club-swinging, while the former performs creditably on the side-horse.

The following members of the University team will make the trip to Providence: H. R. Bechtel '17, M. Blanchard '18, F. M. Bullard '16, Captain W. Campbell '16, J. M. French '17, H. L. Kerr '17, and T. A. Smith '18.