GRADUATE PERFORMANCE AT 8

FIRST PUBLIC PRESENTATION OF "THE WHITE ELEPHANT" ON MONDAY.

The first performance of "The White Elephant," the Hasty Pudding Club play, will be given in the Hasty Pudding Theatre this evening at 8 o'clock. Tonight is "Graduates' Night," and only graduate members will be admitted. The first public performance will be given on Monday night at the Hasty Pudding Theatre, and although there will be no regular "Undergraduates' Night" this year, this performance will take its place. Undergraduates may secure $1.50 seats for this performance for $1, as only a few such seats are being reserved.

The plot of "The White Elephant" deals with the efforts of three circus men from the United States to capture the sacred elephant of Siam. An American missionary, his wife and a frenzied "soul-mate" introduce complications into the plot. The whole idea is based on the old Siamese custom of setting aside an annual day on which women may select their own husbands.

The cast of characters will be as follows: Tom, a newspaper correspondent,  G. A. McCook '16 Phaya Takh Sin, King of Siam,  G. MacC. Stewart '16 Zola, his favorite wife,  R. Whistler '16 Rev. Dr. Spivvins, an American missionary,  L. P. Mansfield '16 Mrs. Spivvins, his wedded wife,  F. H. Cabot '17 Jane Spivvins, his daughter,  C. H. Hodges '17 Pansy, his "soul-mate," Three circus men,--  E. Douglas '17 Furst,  G. Courtney '16 Kurst,  G. B. Blaine '17 Wurst,  P. B. Kurtz '16 Herald,  H. G. Reynolds '17 Officer to the King,  C. A. Coolidge, Jr., '17 One Yen Sen, entertainer to the King,  O. G. Kirkpatrick '17

Chorus of Ponies, Harem Girls, Mediums and Soldiers.

The production is under the direction of Mr. V. C. Lord, who also had charge of last year's play. The executive staff is as follows: Wells Blanchard '16, business manager; H. B. Courteen '17, assistant business manager; Harold Amory '16, stage manager; W. M. Boyden '16, ticket manager; and W. H. Meeker '17, publicity manager.

The musical numbers of "The White Elephant" are singularly good this year. Features of the musical program are "Come Back to Yokahoma Bay," written by S. P. Sears '17, which will be sung by O. G. Kirkpatrick '17, and "Venetian Melody," sung by a quartet composed of O. G. Kirkpatrick '17, F. H. Cabot '17, C. H. Hodges '17, and E. Douglas '17.

Other performances of "The White Elephant" will be given at the Worcester Theatre, Worcester, evening of April 5; Jordan Hall, Boston, evening of April 7 and afternoon and evening of April 8; Hotel Astor, New York, evenings of April 18 and 19.

Tickets may be obtained at the following places: In Boston, Herrick's, Steinert's, Oliver Ditson's, and Jordan Hall; in Cambridge, Co-operative Branch, and upon application to W. M. Boyden '16, Hasty Pudding Club; in Worcester, Worcester Theatre, Hotel Bancroft, and Easton's Drug Store; in New York, Harvard Club and Hotel Astor