Good Showing by 1919 Rifle Team

Because the Princeton Freshman Rifle Team failed to send a report of their record, the account of the season of the University Freshman has not been announced previously. The candidates for the team practiced first in the Baseball Cage and later at the range of the Bay State School of Musketry.

Two matches were held, and in both the team shot exceedingly well. The teams consisted of ten men apiece, and each man had ten shots, the highest five being counted in the total. The match with the Rindge Technical School was won easily by the Freshman team, the score being 465-227. The following men scored for the team: W. A. Flagg, Captain,  91 C. E. Hodges, Jr.,  94 W. D. Hooper,  90 G. F. Jewett,  98 Q. A. Shaw, Jr.,  91   -- Total,  465

The match with the Princeton Freshman team was scheduled for March 23. The University Freshman team shot, and made a very good score, while the Princeton freshmen failed to shoot and send their score on the same day, as was agreed upon. The Freshmen scored 467, the individual scoring being as follows: W. A. Flagg, Captain,  97 C. E. Hodges, Jr.,  90 G. F. Jewett,  95 C. P. Kimball,  89 E. Richards, Jr.,  96   -- Total,  467