PUDDING PLAY BEST ON RECORD

SUCCESS DUE TO TUNEFUL MUSIC, CLEVER PLOT, AND ABILITY OF ACTORS.

The first public performance of the Hasty Pudding Club's annual production, "The White Elephant," was held at the club theatre last night. Probably never before in its history of over a hundred productions has a "Pudding" play met with such a complete and deserved success. From start to finish the audience was highly enthusiastic over the cleverness of the plot and dialogue, the beauty of the music, and the ability of the cast. It is undoubtedly the best show the Hasty Pudding Club has produced for many years.

Tomorrow night "The White Elephant" will be presented at the Worcester Theatre, the cast going to and from Worcester in special cars. The remaining performances this week will be held at Jordan Hall. Boston, Friday and Saturday evenings and on Saturday afternoon.

Contrary to the usual custom, seats in the balcony at 25 and 50 cents each will be sold for the Boston performances. At the Saturday matinee there will be a reduction of 50 cents on all orchestra seats.