"JIMMIE" WALSH TO COACH BOXERS

Planned to Have New Room for Boxing In Hemenway Next Year.

"Jimmie" Walsh, an ex-champion of the world in the bantam-weight class, has been selected by Dr. Sargent to give boxing lessons in the Gymnasium next year. Walsh retired from the ring two years ago, and entered business in Boston. He has been greatly interested in the rapid development of boxing in the University during the past season, attending the preliminaries and the final bouts in the Union. The two regular coaches, "Steve" O'Donnell and "Jimmie" Foley, will both be retained.

Besides the augmentation of the teaching force, other improvements are planned for the further development of the sport next year. A part of Hemenway Gymnasium will be partitioned off to enclose a fair-sized room. This will prevent any disturbance of practice bouts. The boxing room will probably be taken from the vacant space in the basement directly adjoining the handball court. The floor of this room will be specially padded. The cost of a series of lessons in boxing will probably be reduced next season, perhaps as much as fifty per cent. It is now $5 for a course of twelve. The actual cost is $10, but one-half the sum is paid by the H. A. A.