SOUTH AMERICAN LECTURER WILL SPEAK IN EMERSON

Secretary to Brazilian President Give Only Address in University at 12 O'clock.

Dr. Helio Lobo, of Brazil, who h as recently been announced as visiting lecturer in History 57, will speak before the course, and any other members of the University who may wish to hear him in Emerson J today at 12 o'clock. The subject of his lecture will be "The Relations between the United States an d Brazil." This will be the only lecture that Dr. Lobo will give at the University. He has been forced to give up his original intention of delivering a series of lectures here on account of an unexpected change in his plans.

Dr. Lobo is secretary to the President of Brazil and although a comparatively young man, he has had a notable career in the diplomatic service of his country. He has written a number of important books on diplomatic affairs in South America. The latest of these is a survey of the history of pan-Americanism entitled, "From Monroe to Rio Branco." I addition, he has made series of investigations of the boundary litigation's in which Brazil has had a part, and which on account of the extent and location on that country, are of unusual importance in the affairs of several of the countries of South America.

Sinci his arrival in this country about three weeks ago, Dr. Lobo has given several brief addresses before various societies in New York and Washington. He is the first of a number of visiting lecturers on South American subjects who will come to the University during the remainder of the year.