THACHER BACK IN GOOD SHAPE

COVERPOINT KEPT OUT OF GAME WITH INJURED KNEE FOR THREE WEEKS

Coach Winsor gave the hockey team a light workout at the Arena yesterday afternoon, with no scrimmage. T. C. Thacher '18, regular coverpoint until he fell in practice and injured his knee three weeks ago, was back on the ice today for the first time, with his knee in good shape. E. O. Balker '17 was given a day off yesterday. R. Baldwin '17 taking his place in the regular forward line.

The whole hour yesterday was given over to practice in passing and shooting. Coach Winsor sent the forwards down singly, in pains, and finally in fours against the defence, skating the whole length of the rink to get up speed. In the backfield, T. H. Eckfeldt '17 worked out with Captain Morgan in place of H. K. White '19. The backs were given some special practice yesterday in taking the puck out from behind the goal, with the forwards working to keep them from getting started on a rush of this kind.

The first team line and defence played as follows yesterday: l.w., Rice; l.c., Baldwin; r.c., Percy; r. w., Townsend; c.p., Eckfeldt; p. J. Morgan; g., Wylde.

Princeton Tickets on Sale

Tickets for the Princeton game, which will be played at the Arena on Friday night, are now on sale at the H. A. A., and Leavitt and Peirce's. There will be organized cheering and a reserved cheering section for this game. The price of tickets is $1 and $1.50. Princeton took the first game of he series of two out of three by the score of 2 goals to 1 a week ago last Saturday, and the Tigers have not played any games since.

Seconds Face Arlington Tomorrow.

The second team will face a strong seven tomorrow afternoon in Arlington High School, which defeated the 1920 team 4 to 2 in their first game. The seconds have a clear record so far this season, with three victories and no defeats, and Arlington High is one of the leading teams in the interscholastic hockey league of Greater Boston.

Yesterday afternoon the second and Freshman sevens played a practice game on the Stadium rink, the seconds winning by the score of 3 goals to 1. The strong attack of the seconds was too fast for the Freshman player, who were weakened by the absence of tow regulars. Payne, the right wing, and Church, the coverpoint. Two of the scores were made by Captain R. J. H. Powel '18 and one by L. Jackson '19, but of these the last two were scored when the 1920 team had many of the substitutes in the lineup.

1920 Plays Exeter Saturday.

The Freshman seven, which defeated Andover 12 to 2 on Saturday; will not play until next Saturday, when they face Exeter on the Stadium rink. The second team will meet Middlesex at Concord on the same day.