CROSS-COUNTRY TEAM IN RACE.

To Compete Against Military and Naval Harriers Today.

Among the 80 cross-country runners who will start the Boston Athletic Association road race this afternoon there will be sixteen representing the University R. O. T. C. Only military and naval teams will be allowed to compete, but the race has aroused great enthusiasm in army and navy training camps, and keen competition is sure to result.

The race will start at the B. A. A. Club House on Exeter street at 3 o'clock, and take the following course: Exeter street to Commonwealth avenue, then to Beacon street, to Coolidge Corner, Harvard avenue to Commonwealth avenue, and back along this street to the B. A. A., where they will finish.

Among the entries are the names of many former hill-and-dale stars who are now in military service. Two runners who have brilliant records are Saltmarsh representing the navy, and Henigan, former Dorchester Club harrier, now at Camp Devens, Ayer.

The University R. O. T. C. harriers have not had very much practice so far this year, but the team is nevertheless strong, and will probably prove a vigorous contender for the first team prize.