HARRIERS ENTERED IN MEET OVER FRANKLIN PARK COURSE

Medals Given to Individual Runners and Shield to Team with Fewest Points.

Seventeen University and Freshmen cross-country runners have been entered in the New England Amateur Athletic Union meet which will be held this afternoon. The race will begin at three o'clock and will be over the Franklin Park six-mile course. It will be the third annual individual and team championships held by the New England Amateur Athletic Union. Gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded to the three men who finish in the lead. The team which earns the highest number of points will win a championship shield.

From the seventen representatives of the University, two teams of eight men each will compete. These runners have been selected from the whole Freshman and University squads, largely by means of the results of the dual race with the Radio School on the Cemetery course Wednesday afternoon. The men selected are: R. H. Bassett '20, B. W. Boyden '21, C. H. Corning '20, D. J. Duggan '20, P. B. Elliott '19, W. H. Goodwin '20, J. M. Greene '19, B. Lewis '20, J. E. Nally '21, D. F. O'Connell '21, C. W. Ozias '20, R. A. Perry '20, L. B. Sanderson '20, H. T. Sears '20, S. B. Toye '18, L. H. Weil '19, and D. H. Worrall '20. G. H. Tilghman '19, will run independently.

Among the representatives of the University who are expected to do well are B. Lewis '20, and D. F. O'Connell '21, informal and Freshman captains.