THRIFT STAMPS

The latest method to raise money for war purposes interests those who have no bank account and those who have plenty of ready money. The stamp system depends on the collection of small savings from day to day. Instead of a bond for a comparatively large amount, maturing several years hence, the Government has printed war savings stamps, which can be redeemed with interest at ten day's notice. Sixteen thrift stamps may be obtained singly, which enable one to purchase a war savings stamp, valued at $4.12. These may be bought at any postoffice. By still collecting, until the sum amounts to $82.40, one has a complete war savings-certificate.

Anyone who failed to buy a Liberty Bond now has a chance to give financial aid to the United States. Small savings, which can be spared without inconvenience, are all that are asked for. The Government benefits; we assist ourselves as well. Although the stamps are to be redeemed finally in 1923, this may be done with interest at any time. By saving nickels and dimes now, one may buy stamps later which cost $4.12, and which in five years will be worth five dollars. Likewise, a full certificate will rise in value from $82.40 to $100. To encourage personal thrift, to build up its financial strength, the Government offers this opportunity for investment. Let no one neglect it.