FIELDING CANDIDATES TO BE CALLED OUT TOMORROW

Regular Practice for All Positions on Baseball Team Will Commence in Cage.

Fielding candidates for the University baseball team will report dressed to play to Coach Hugh Duffy in the cage tomorrow afternoon at 2.15 o'clock. Battery candidates have been out for some time. Since Mondays have been reserved for military training there will be no baseball practice this afternoon. The fielders are getting started a week earlier than they did last year. Practice for Freshmen starts on Friday.

Until weather conditions permit outdoor work the training for the squad will consist mostly of batting and some fielding practice. There is a lot of work to be done before April 10, the day of the first game, when the University nine meets the Braves. Thereafter games will follow one another in close succession.

With the return of eight "H" men from last year's intercollegiate champions, the outlook for the season is very promising. In the infield every position will be taken by a veteran except first, which is left vacant by the graduation of Captain H. L. Nash '16. Two outfielders, two pitchers and a catcher are also back from last year's nine.