PIERIAN WILL GIVE CONCERT

ORCHESTRA'S PROGRAM INCLUDES SCHUBERT'S "UNFINISHED SYMPHONY."

The second annual mid-year concert of the Pierian Sodality will be given in the John Knowles Paine Concert Hall of the Music Building Wednesday evening at 8.15 o'clock. In former years the Sodality has given a mid-winter pop concert in the Union, to enable the students of the University to get in touch with the work of the orchestra. Last year an innovation was made in giving the concert in the Music Building, free of charge to members of the University, and the experiment proved such a success that this concert has permanently taken the place of the pop concerts in the Union on the Sodality's calendar.

The "Unfinished Symphony' by Schubert is the main number of a carefully selected and well-balanced program, worthy of the efforts of any professional orchestra. The "Symphonic Poem" by Rabaud and the "Overture" by Tinel are numbers very rarely given in this country.

Modesto Eugene Alloo, of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, who has so ably taken Mr. Whiting's position as the leader of the Sodality, will conduct the Orchestra in this concert, which will be free of charge to all members of the University and their friends, and all former patronesses of the Sodality.

The program follows: March,  Mendelssohn Overture, "Coriolanus,"  Beethoven "Unfinished Symphony,"  Schubert Suite, "Dardanus,"  Rameau "La Procession Nocturne,"  Symphonic Poem,  Rabaud Overture,  Tinel