CONCERT BY PIERIAN TONIGHT

UNDERGRADUATE ORCHESTRA WILL PRESENT INTERESTING PROGRAM.

The Pierian Sodality will give its second annual concert in the John Knowles Paine Concert Hall of the Music Building this evening at 8.15 o'clock. An innovation was made in the schedule of the Sodality last year when the customary mid-winter pop concert in the Union was replaced by a mid-year concert in the Music Building, free of charge, to the members of the University and their friends. This concert proved so successful that it was decided to make an annual event, with the purpose of enabling the students to become acquainted early in the season with the work of the Sodality, and of assuring a stronger interest in the annual concert in April. It is hoped that an original composition by an undergraduate of the University will be presented in April.

The program equally concerns itself with classic and modern numbers, to show the abilities of the orchestra in executing chromatic as well as melodic compositions. Modeste Eugene Alloo, the conductor, has paid particular attention to the selection of the modern pieces, with the view of bringing out the finer points in modern French and Belgian music. The "piece de resistance" of the entire program will be the "Unfinished Symphony" by Schubert, a number very rarely offered by concert artists in this country.

The concert will be open to all students in the University and their friends, and to all former patronesses of the Sodality.

The program follows: March,  Mendelssohn Overture, "Coriolanus,"  Beethoven "Unfinished Symphony,"  Schubert Airs de Ballet "Dardanus,"  Rameau "La Procession Nocturne,"  Rabaud Overture, d'Apres la Tragedie, "Polyenete,"  Tinel

There will be an intermission after the symphony.