123 IN RED BOOK COMPETITION

More Candidates Wanted for All Branches of 1920 Publication.

One hundred and twenty-three candidates have reported for the Freshman Red Book competitions. Sixty men are out for the copy and registration department, 28 for cuts and photographs, 22 for the business competition, and 13 for the art department. The number already out for the competitions, is three greater than that which reported last year.

More candidates are wanted for the business competition. The work of this competition consists largely of securing advertisements and subscriptions. Men may still report for the competitions in all the departments. The candidates for the art department should report to E. W. Pavenstedt, Jr., Gore A32; those for copy and registration to D. C. Hawkins, Standish D22. Business candidates should report to L. T. Lanman, Gore B34, and cuts and photograph candidates to W. P. Belknap, Gore C43.

The Red Book competitions as usual will be run on a strict merit basis. Credit is given both for the quantity and the quality of the work done, so that candidates of fair ability will have a chance to make the board.

Today the 1920 Red Book is starting to have taken the individual pictures of the Freshman Class. Inasmuch as this year's committee is handicapped by a late start it will be doubly necessary for everyone in 1920 to keep promptly all appointments at Notman's. In order that the entire class be photographed at least 20 pictures a day must be taken. The committee will go through the class alphabetically, and each man will have a definite time assigned him. All men should wear a stiff collar while being photographed.