LAW MEN AFFECTED BY CHANGE

DEGREES TO BE AWARDED R. O. T. C. MEMBERS, BUT SUBJECT TO QUALIFICATIONS.

At a meeting of the Faculty of the Law School held yesterday afternoon, it was unanimously voted that students who are accepted as members of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps at the University shall be given the benefit of the resolutions of the Faculty, passed April 24; but since this corps is not a military organization of the United States, this vote shall be subject to the following qualifications:

No student in the third year who is so accepted shall receive his degree, pursuant to the resolutions of April 24, unless and until he has, with the approval of the commanding officer of such corps, enlisted in the military service of the United States or has, with such approval, offered so to enlist but has been rejected. It is expected that it will be impossible to grant degrees to such third-year students in June, 1917, but the degrees, if and when granted, will be as of 1917.

No student in the second or first year who is so accepted shall be allowed to return to the School pursuant to the resolutions of April 24 unless and until he has, with the approval of the commanding officer of such corps, enlisted in the military service of the United States, and received an honorable discharge therefrom, or has, with such approval, offered to enlist but has been rejected.