THE SENIOR ALBUM

It is fortunate that the Senior Album will be placed on sale on Class Day when so many men of much-scattered 1917 will return for a few hours at least.

The committee could well have been pardoned had it made up only a mediocre book. Its duty to the class which entrusted it with the work of the Album would have been fulfilled with the issuing of a volume which contained the briefest chronicle of the class. Yet the Committee went beyond its simple duty, anl in spite of difficulties incomparably greater than those which have arisen in other years, has made the 1917 Album an improvement in practically every way over the preceding one.

At this time the album will form for every member of the graduating class an especially precious reminder of his college years. By the immediate service which our young men are called on to perform, without dallying and without evasion, many members of the class will meet the briefer and the more glorious end of life. It is well that their classmates shall not forget them.

A member of 1917 a score of years from now will find in his album the first memento of his friendships and his achievements during his time here. Such a memento may be replaced by nothing else.

It is not necessary to urge on Seniors the necessity of purchasing the album as a duty to their class or to the Committee. It is a duty to themselves, which may be avoided only with regret. It may be noted in passing that, unlike the vote, a man is not limited to one.