TRACK PROSPECTS BRIGHT

Many Old Men Back; Call Candidates For University and Freshman Teams Monday.

Many University track men have returned to College and will be among those who report at the Locker Building Monday at 3 o'clock, when all candidates for University and Freshman teams are called out.

Coach "Pooch" Donovan will rely on B. Lewis '20, captain of last year's University track and cross-country teams, and D. O'Connell '21, captain of the 1921 Freshman cross-country team, for distance runners. Lewis left last spring to go to the fourth Officers' Training Camp, and is expected to return very soon. Ensign W. B. Snow '18, who is an instructor in the Officers' Material School, and C. A. Clark '19, who has recently played on the Charlestown Navy Yard football team, are promising material for weight throwers. C. G. Kogness '21, captain of last year's Freshman track team, is back in College and will be out to duplicate his record of last year in the hurdles, sprints, and high jump. J. Coggeshall '18, captain of the 1918 Freshman team, who was commissioned in naval aviation, has returned as an Out-of-Course student. He will run in the distance and relay races. Little is known about the material for the Freshman track team, but a number of new candidates are expected to report for practice this term.

Prospects for meets with Yale and Pinceton in both relay and track during the winter season are favorable. L. B. Leonard '18, manager of the 1917 team, is now in Cambridge and is making arrangements for a regular schedule.