A. H. CLARK TO SPEAK TONIGHT

NOTED MISSIONARY WILL TELL OF RECONSTRUCTION WORK ACROSS THE SEAS.

All members of the University are invited to a meeting, to take place tonight under the auspices of the Harvard Mission, at which Alden H. Clark will speak on "The Spirit of Modern Missions and Reconstruction Work." The meeting will be held in Peabody Hall, Phillips Brooks House, at 7.15 o'clock. Mr. Clark will show the extent of the reconstruction work abroad and the great scope of the tasks of the missions overseas, as well as explain the great changes which have taken place during the last quarter-century.

During Mr. Clark's 14 years in India he has had ample opportunity to become acquainted with and study the subject upon which he will speak. He was head of the Normal College near Bombay, which gives instruction in all branches of modern education, and he was also editor of a newspaper reaching practically all of the Indian Christians in the Empire. Mr. Clark, in the capacity of candidate secretary of the American Board, is at present visiting many colleges of this country to explain the true spirit of the missionary movement.