PLAY OFF SEMI-FINAL TENNIS MATCHES THIS AFTERNOON

EXPECT CLOSE CONTESTS

This afternoon the semi-final rounds of the singles will be played at Jarvis Field. All of the players in this round have shown such excellent form that it is impossible to pick the winners. The upper bracket match, between R. L. Lipman 3L and L. D. Egbert 2L is due to be a very close and interesting match, as Egbert is the champion of Michigan and Lipman is a well-known California player. The lower bracket will be fought out between either D. P. Robinson '20 or J. B. Fenno '21 and L. A. de Turenne '21. All of these men were on last year's University team.

The semi-final round should also be reached today in the doubles. Those that will probably meet in this round are L. A. deTurenne '21 and R. L. Lipman 3L. against F. T. Pratt '22 and J. Kleberg '22 in the top bracket and W. Rand 2L. and R. Rand 3L. against C. Hyams '20 and J. B. Fenno '21 at the bottom.

Singles at Jarvis Field.

The following singles matches will be played at Jarvis Field: At 2,45, D. P. Robinson vs. J. B. Fenno; at 3.30, R. L. Lipman vs. L. D. Egbert; at 4, L. A. de Turenne vs. winner Robinson and Fenno.

The following doubles matches will be played at Divinity Field: At 2.45, Carver and Smyth vs. Jackson and Morss; at 3.30, Tao and Chen vs. Hyams and Fenno; Rand and Rand vs. winner Carver and Smyth against Jackson and Morss; at 5, Weaver and Dickerson vs. winner, Tsao and Chen against Hyams and Fenno; Erb and Brown vs. Houghton and Hofer.