WELCOME LEACOCK ON FRIDAY

HUMORIST WILL SPEAK OF "THE LITERATURE OF TOMORROW" IN UNION AT 8.

On Friday, Stephen Leacock will be welcomed by the University and will be the guest of the Union, where he will speak in the evening. Mr. Leacock will be met and entertained at luncheon at the Union as the guest of the Governing Board. He will then be shown the Widener Library, the Museum and other points of interest around the University. In the evening the Lampoon will give a dinner in his honor.

From there Mr. Leacock will go directly to the Living Room of the Union, where at 8 o'clock he will give a humorous address on "The Literature of Tomorrow," which has been especially prepared for this occasion. Professor C. T. Copeland '82 will introduce the speaker.

Mr. Leacock, besides being renowned for his work done as Professor of Political Economy at McGill University, Montreal, is better known by his humorous books, of which he has written six, among them being "Literary Lapses," and "Sunshine Sketches."

Mr. Leacock's address at the Union is the second of the November speeches made here, as on November 13 Hugh Walpole spoke. An interesting program is assured for December and January, since Viscount Grey, British Ambassador to the United States, has promised to come on the 8th of next month and Donald MacMillan, the famous Arctic explorer, is scheduled to appear early in January.