FACULTY VOTES FOR WEEK-END

AND SUSPENDS REQULAR RULE IN FAVOR OF MORE CHRIST MAS HOLIDAYS.

The Christmas recess this year will last for two weeks instead of ten days, according to the following announcement made at the College Office:

"The Christmas Recess for students registered in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, in Harvard Colleges, or in the Engineering School, for the current academic year, will begin on Sunday, December 21, 1919, and end on Sunday, January 4, 1920. All undergraduates in Harvard Colleges or the Engineering School are required to register, at rooms to be announced, after their last College exercise on Saturday, December 20, 1919, and again on Monday, January 5, 1920, between 9 A. M. and 1.30 P. M. No extensions of the Recess will be granted.

"All courses under the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and the Faculty of Engineering will meet as usual on Monday, January 5, 1920."

This change has been made because this year's strict application of the regular rule, according to which the Christmas recess lasts from December 23 to January 2, both inclusive, would have caused the vacation to run from a Monday afternoon to a Saturday morning. The regular rule, however, will be followed next year and hereafter as usual.

The decision to extend the recess this year applies to no departments of the University other than Harvard College, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and the Engineering School.