TRIP TO COAST SEEMS LIKELY

FOOTBALL GAME WILL BE VOTED ON BY ATHLETIC COMMITTEE AND FACULTY TODAY.

A post-season game on the Pacific coast, for the University's unbeaten football team now seems probable as the result of an invitation recently received from several University graduates now living in Pasadena. If the team goes, it will play a New Year's Day game with which ever one of the western teams proves to be the best.

In view of the interest of the Endowment Fund Campaign in the team's making such a trip, it is believed that the invitation will receive more favorable consideration than have similar ones in the past.

Telegram Received from W. C. Witmer '12

The plan was brought to the attention of the authorities here through the following telegram sent to the Chairman of the Athletic Committee by W. C. Witmer '12, Secretary of the Harvard Club of Southern California:

"The feeling here is very strong among college men and the Press that the Harvard football team should be sent to meet the best college team of this coast on New Year's Day, at the annual Pasadena Tournament of Roses. The occasion is a most dignified one, and the experience of Brown and Pennsylvania demonstrates the value of the game to the alumni on the coast.

"As the return could be made by January 6, no extension of vacation would be necessary, while every expense for a full squad, coach, and Faculty representative is met. In maintaining a new national spirit, for the advancement of the Endowment Fund, and to arouse the alumni to quickened interest, we urge a favorable consideration of the invitation which will be tendered by the city of Pasadena to the University. Governor Stephens will unite in the invitation."

In previous years the chief difficulty has been the shortness of the Christmas recess, but this year one day's extension of the time set by the college office would be ample to allow the team to reach Pasadena and pass a week getting acclimated to Coast conditions.

Although no official action has yet been taken on the invitation, it will be brought up at the meetings of the Athletic Committee and the Faculty this afternoon. Several men prominent in the University's athletic activities have expressed their approval of the plan.

Major F. W. Moore '93, Graduate Treasurer of the Athletic Association, yesterday expressed his approval of the plan and stated that as far as he had been able to find out the members of the football team were in favor of making the trip.

"There is no doubt that the appearance of the teams in Pasadena would help in a large measure to quicken the Endowment Fund campaign on the Pacific Coast," said Major Moore, "and for this reason, if for no other, the invitation probably will be accepted. Several Faculty members of the Athletic Committee have intimated that they would favor its acceptance.

"Two weeks' practice, even though most of it would be indoors, would serve to put the men back in the condition in which they were at the close of the season, and the doctors have said that physically the trip would have no bad effects on the men, even though they had broken training routine since the Yale game.