1919 UNIVERSITY REGISTER OFF THE PRESS DECEMBER 10

VOLUME REACHES 400 PAGES

The University Register, which has been in preparation all this fall, is now on the press, and the editors hope to place it on sale about the tenth of this month.

The book this year will be larger than ever before, containing in the neighborhood of four hundred pages. As compared to the issue of 1915, which was the last published under conditions not influenced by the war, over eighty pages will be added to the size. Moreover, it will contain the complete war records of the classes of 1920, 1921, 1922, obtained through the War Records office. This feature was to some extent present in the small edition of 1917-1918, the last to be published.

As usual, the book will form a complete record of every University activity, including the various alumni organizations, the University publications, the complete lists of the officers and members of over ninety clubs, and lists of every team for the past year. Besides a directory of the occupants of each dormitory, a list of all men in the University, according to the geographical distribution is included, in which is recorded the name of each of the 5000 students in the University under his home town, state, or foreign country.

Cross Indexing System Complete.

The system adopted by former Register Boards of listing in a general directory the numbers of the pages upon which each man's name appears in the book will make it possible easily to determine his affiliations. Not only does the volume contain everything worth printing in the line of statistics concerning the University, but many pictures of Harvard, some of which have been taken from an aeroplane, and photographs of the chief athletic teams.