COLONY OF HARVARD SCHOLARS STUDYING IN BRITISH MUSEUM

Holders of Graduate Fellowships from University Gather in London.

In London there is a little colony of Harvard men gathered together for the purpose of learning. All of them are holders of graduate fellowships of one sort and another, and their days are spent in the British Museum and in the Public Records Office. The CRIMSON has recently received from one of them, Samuel Resneck '19, a letter telling of their life.

"Ours is a learned company," he writes. "A number of us are already Ph. D.'s and are now preparing themselves (sic) and what will be their literary contribution to the world. This is by way of advance advertising for my friends, the Ph.D. 's.

"The rest, with the exception of myself, and another equally junior (sic) member of the company, are engaged in exhausting the materials and the attendants on their respective subjects at the several museums. Their ambition is to add to human learning and to earn their Ph.D. as a reward for their assiduity.

A Cosy Dinner in Soho.

"As Harvard men we are not without a certain esprit de corps. Last Saturday, for example, we gathered, a round dozen of us, at a French restaurant in Soho and enjoyed ourselves immensely at an informal little dinner at which Dr. Silberling '14 did the honors.

"It is not' expected that we shall break up and go our different ways much before the beginning of next year. The reported shortage of coal in Paris may serve to keep us longer in London, where at least we are tolerably warm. In any event we shall probably drift together and reassemble in Paris in the spring and keep alive our little club.

"In the meantime, should any venture some Harvard man come to London during the next few months, he will be sure to receive a hearty welcome from all of us. We are to be found daily except Sundays in the Reading Room of the British Museum. Rows N and H are our particular headquarters, and I speak for us all in welcoming any visitor to our circle."