CALL OARSMEN FEB. 10

MANAGERS TO START WORK

The candidates for the University crew will be called out next Monday, February 10. On that day all oarsmen from the three upper classes will report to Coach Haines in the Boat Club Room of the Newell Boat House at 4.

Four of the men who rowed in the victorious University eight against Yale last spring are expected to report. Besides Acting Captain F. B. Whitman '19, C. F. Batchelder '20, J. S. Coleman '19 and J. F. Linder '19 have registered. F. Parkman '19 who rowed at 5, may return before the season is far advanced. The loss of R. S. Emmett '19, last year's captain and stroke will be strongly felt.

Of the 1921 crew all but one, M. E. Olmstead, are back and have been working voluntarily since College opened.

The candidates for the Freshman crew will be given a rest for the week until the upperclass rowers become organized into crews and a schedule of practice is arranged for them.

In a short time the candidates for the Freshman crew manager competition will be called. The competition, will last about nine weeks. Crew is the only sport in which both the Freshman manager and assistant manager as well are awarded numerals. The two successful candidates will also be taken to New London with the crew. As in other years, the work will consist chiefly of running the launches, listing crews, and performing a few clerical duties.