NATION LEAGUE LOWELL'S PLEA

SPEAKS AT SOCIETY OF NATIONS CONGRESS IN TREMONT TEMPLE FRIDAY AND SATURDAY.

President Lowell will leave for New York tomorrow to take part in the first of a series of nine congresses for a League of Free Nations. He will speak on February 6 on the subject of "The Responsibility of the American Democracy for Establishing a League of Nations."

The New England Congress will be held at the Tremont Temple in Boston on Friday and Saturday of this week. The list of speakers will include President Lowell, Ex-President William H. Taft, Hon. Newton D. Baker, Secretary of War, and James W. Gerard, former Ambassador to Germany.

The platform upon which these congresses are based is as follows:

1. The formation of a universal association of nations based on a constitution, democratic in character with a central parliament or council representative of all political parties of the constituent nations and open to every nation whose government is responsible to its people.

2. The formation of the League of Nations must be an integral part of the peace settlement. Its administrative machinery should be built up from the interallied bodies already in existence.

3. The sanction of the league should be not alone the combined military power of the whole world used as an instrument of repression but also the world control of economic resources.