RADIO SCHOOL EVACUATES 6 UNIVERSITY BUILDINGS

Return Austin, Cralgle, Hastings, Divinity, Perkins and Russell in Few Days Said Commander Ayer.

"The probabilities are that Austin, Hastings, Perkins, Divinity, Craigie, and Russell Halls will be abandoned by the Radio School and turned over to the trustees of the University in the course of a few days," said Lieutenant-Commander N. F. Ayer '00, Commandant of the Naval Radio School, in reply to the question of a CRIMSON reporter Saturday. "Hastings and Perkins," he continued, "are being relieved of their large supplies of clothing and equipment and will be at the disposal of the college as soon as they are empty. The other buildings I have mentioned are being evacuated by the men who are now moving to the barracks in the common. The Weld Boat Club will also probably be given up in a short time. Meorial Hall and the Gymnasium will not be evacuated with the other buildings their release being dependent on the removal of the Radio School to the Great Lakes."

Use Dormitories As Before War.

Craigie and Russell Halls, which were taken over by the Radio School in November 1917 and January of the following year respectively, will be renovated and let furnished next fall as dormitories. The other four buildings which were among the first halls to be appropriated for war use by the School in the summer and fall of 1917 will be utilized as-in prewar years as soon as is thought expedient by the Trustees.