THE PUDDING SHOW

The reappearance of Hasty Pudding Spring Show posters in the Yard, after a lapse of three years, is one more indication that conditions at Cambridge are slowly swinging back to the normal plane of before the war days. It has been long since the curtain of the Pudding stage has creaked up on a much rouged and closely shaved chorus of pseudo-girls, and since basso-voiced heroines and sotto-voiced prompters have held an undergraduate audience thrilled by the unrehearsed actions of a Pudding cast. "Crowns and Clowns" will be a welcome visitor to the University.

The production of this new show calls to mind the last spring play that was to have been given, but which never appeared. Just as "Barnum Was Right" was ready for an expectant public the war broke--and to the last scene shifter and chorus man the company entered the service. Of the four officers of the club who signed the notice of the withdrawal of the show, two were killed and two were wounded. Of the chorus six were killed and as many more were wounded and gassed. This record is no greater than that of any other portion of the University, but it forms an interesting chapter in the history of a club which has lived through five wars.