ANNUAL FRESHMAN RECEPTION IN BROOKS HOUSE TOMORROW

Professors Merriman and Moore to Address 1923--Other Speakers

Announcement has been made of the speakers at the reception which will be held for the Class of 1923 in Phillips Brooks House tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock. Prof. R. B. Merriman '96 and Prof. E. C. Moore '78 will be the representatives of the Faculty, while W. J. Murray Occ., of the University football squad; F. Worgum '20, president of the CRIMSON; and E. A> Bacon '20, president of the Lampoon; will talk briefly on the activities which they represent. E. A. McCouch '20, president of the Phillips Brooks House Association, will preside, and W. I. Tibbetts '17, graduate secretary of the Association, will give a short address. Music will be furnished by the Glee Club and a three piece orchestra composed of H. DeC. Ward '20, F. C. Lawrence '20, and M. Buffington '21. Refreshments will be served after the close of the speeches.

The reception is to be of an informal nature, in contrast with the Faculty reception which will be held in the Union this evening. The meeting will provide an excellent opportunity for new students to learn what opportunities in extra-curriculum activities are open.

The Freshman meeting tonight will be followed Thursday evening by an informal reception to all Law School students to be held in Peabody Hall in the Phillips Brooks House. Students in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences will be welcomed Monday evening, September 29, and foreign students will meet under the auspices of the Association on Friday, October 3.

The first of the regular Freshman Monday evening meetings has been announced for next week. The 1923 men will assemble in Smith Halls Common Room at 7 o'clock to hear an address by Dr. Albert Parker Fitch '00. As in former years Dr. A. T. Davison '06 is expected to lead the singing.

The information bureau for the benefit of new students being maintained by upper classmen in the Parlor of Phillips Brooks House, will remain open every day this week from 8 o'clock until 6. Copies of all official pamphlets and catalogues will be found there, and information concerning rooms, room-mates, and board may be obtained.