ANNOUNCE RESULT OF TIME TRIALS FOR 3 RELAY EVENTS

1923 TO OPPOSE ELIS ALSO

As a result of time trials held yesterday and Wednesday, the competitors for entry in the three relay events at Mechanics Hall February 7 were narrowed down to six men in the two University events and eight in the 1923 race. The long relay race for the University will be against Yale, and each of the four men will run 780 yards. The following men have survived for this event: H. D. Costigan '20, E. T. Doherty '21, A. W. Doughlass '21, W. H. Goodwin '20, J. A. McCarthy '22, and D. F. O'Connell '21.

Four men will also compete in the short relay race against M. I. T., each man running 390 yards, and will be chosen from the following: J. T. Baldwin '21, R. Chute '22, E. T. Doherty '21, W. F. Goodell '21, E. O. Gourdin '21, and B. Wharton '22. From the eight Freshmen will be chosen those who will run against Yale 1923; W. C. Bennett '23, W. H. Churchill '23, C. H. Hawes '23, R. D. Howard '23, J. E. Kennedy '23, C. H. Nichol '23, J. W. Quinn '23, and J. G. Winchester '23. Final relay trials will be held in a few days.

Yale will have an exceptionally fast relay team to compete against the Crimson runners a week from Saturday. Reed, who will probably be their anchor man, covered the half-mile in one minute and 57 seconds in a recent handicap meet at Yale, while Driscoll came in a close second. The other two men on the team will be Hillis and O'Brien. Reed has but recently returned from overseas, and the form he has recently displayed forecasts a close race against Captain O'Connell.

To Enter American Legion Games.

The track management is planning to enter a relay team as well as several individuals in the American Legion games to be held in the Boston Armory on February 23. The relay race will be in the form of a medley event--the men running different distances--and the team which will race will be the same as that which ran against Cornell at Albany; B. Wharton '22, W. H. Goodwin '20, J. A. McCarthy '22, D. F. O'Connell '21. In addition there will be individual entries in the 40, 300, 600, and 1000-yard dashes and in the high jump.