ORGANIZE COLLEGIATE N. E. REPUBLICAN CLUB

ELECT EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

The Intercollegiate Republican Club of New England was organized Monday night at a dinner at Young's Hotel. The purpose of the club is to cooperate as closely as possible with the Republican State Committee especially in regard to the torchlight parade to be held on October 28.

Frank B. Hall and B. F. Felt, chairman and executive secretary of the Republican State Committee respectively, addressed the meeting which was composed of representatives from Harvard, Boston University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Tufts. Mr. Robert Quinby, of the Boston University Law School presided.

Hamlin on Executive Committee.

The Harvard representatives were G. A. Biles '22, A. McElwain '21, J. N. Hamlin '22, H. D. Smith '21, and D. E. Snodgrass, 3L.

The following men were elected to form the executive committee of the club: J. N. Hamlin 22, R. W. Eldridge of Tufts, R. F. Officer of M. I. T., and Robert Quinby of the Boston University Law School.

It was decided that other New England Colleges, including women's colleges, would be asked to elect representatives to the executive committee.

The "absentee voters" committee of the Harding-Coolidge Club of Harvard, composed of men in the Law School have arranged to hold office hours from 3 to 5 in the afternoon and 7 to 8 in the evening, at the CRIMSON building in order to explain or to clarify any detail of the "absentee voter" laws.

Continue Membership Canvass

The membership committee of the club has canvassed many of the University dormitories, and has enrolled 1300 men to date. However, many men were not in when the solicitors called, and as the election is drawing near, the committee will hold office hours daily from 3 to 5 in the afternoon and from 7 to 8 at night in the CRIMSON building, to enroll new members. If the 2000 Republicans in the University who have not yet enrolled would do so as soon as possible, it would make it much easier for the club to carry out its plans which will be announced later. Besides this, it is necessary for the executive chairman of the club to report every few days to the national headquarters in New York, and it is desirable that Harvard continue its lead in membership over that of its rival colleges, and otherwise make as good a showing as possible.