AERIAL ATTACK TO BE FEARED FROM PURPLE TEAM UNDER BOYNTON

COACH BROOKS' ELEVEN IS WEAK IN CENTER OF LINE

What type of attack the light Williams eleven will uncover against the University tomorrow is still a matter for conjecture.

Coach Brooks has built his entire machine around his quarterback, Captain, Boynton, who was chosen for that position on one of Walter Camp's all-American teams. He handles his team superbly well under all circumstances, showing excellent judgement in the selection of plays. Whenever he gets inside the 40-yard line he is in a position to score on a drop-kick. His punts are long, high, and difficult to catch.

Expert at Forward Passes

As a forward passer, he has few if any equals. In the two games that the Purple has played this fall, he threw a score of forward passes that were caught and only two that were incompleted. It is a common occurrence for him to hurl a spiral pass 30 yards right into the hands of a player running at top speed. Joslyn and Codding, the Williams ends, are experts at catching the pigskin and should prove to be dangerous to the Crimson in an aerial offense. In addition, Hibbard, the fullback, and McLean and Binger, the halfbacks, are clever runners and consistent ground gainers.

Weak in Center of Line

It is the middle of the line which is weak and most liable to cave in when the University forwards charge. If this occurs, the backs' and ends' skill in an overhead attack will be useless and only straight football can be used. However, Coach Brooks, one of the greatest tackles that ever played, and an expert line coach, is basing his hopes that forward passing can be used on two factors; first, that the Crimson line will be out of condition as a result of the long, gruelling scrimmages that have been held every day this week; and second, that his line will show much improvement as a result of the last few days' coaching. In recent practice scrimmages, the men in the center of the line have shown steady improvement.

Two Easy Victories

Williams has swamped both of its early season adversaries, defeating the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 63 to 6, and Union College 35 to 0. The R. I. P. game was a slaughter, the Purple outclassing their rivals in every department and scoring practically at will. They only kicked once and were not held for downs during the entire game. Most of the time ordinary straight football was used, but when the aerial attack was uncorked, it proved very effective, resulting directly in two touchdowns.

Overwhelms Union 35-0

The clash with Union College at Schenectady, N. Y., was not quite such a walkaway, although the Williams team scored its 35 points easily. Twice the Union attack reached the Purple 5-yard line only to be hurled back by the Williams eleven that showed real fighting qualities.

Never since the time Williams crushed Vermont 73 to 11 15 years ago has a Purple eleven piled up such a large score. Coach Brooks is a successful coach and if the scores mean anything, he has at least the foundation for a dangerous and powerful eleven.