UNION STARTS SERIES OF TEA DANCES AFTER FOOTBALL GAME TODAY

EXTEND PRIVILEGES OF CLUB TO VISITING MAINE ELEVEN

This afternoon the Union begins its entertainments for the year with a tea dance in the Living Room immediately after the University of Maine football game. The first of a series of seven Saturday afternoon dances, this will be open to the entire University, but the remaining six dances of the series will be open to Union members only. No tickets will be sold but a charge of one dollar per person is to be made to the door. Members, however, may charge the dance on their University term bills, and slips will be provided for this purpose.

A feature of this first dance will be the presence of the members of the University of Maine football team, all of whom have been invited to attend. In conjunction with the Athletic Association and the Committee on the Entertainment of Visiting Teams, the Union is planning a special welcome to all the opposing football teams this fall. A letter was mailed to the captain of the Maine team enclosing tickets for all the visitors and inviting them to make the Union their head-quarters and avail themselves of all its privileges during their stay in Cambridge.

Patronesses for the Dances

At the invitation of the Governing Board of the Union the following ladies have consented to act as patronesses for the series of dances which begins this afternoon: Mrs. A. Lawrence Lowell, Mrs. Frederick L. Allen, Mrs. L. B. R. Briggs, Mrs. Chester N. Greenough, Mrs. Charles N. Haskins, Mrs. David, M. Little Jr., Mrs. Matthew Luce, Mrs. Roger B. Merriman, Mrs. Clifford H. Moore, Mrs. Edward A. Whitney, Mrs. Henry Yeomans.

Half of the large Living Room will be cleared for dancing and the remaining space furnished and used for sitting out. The reading and lounging rooms on the main floor, and, weather permitting, the balcony off the Living Room are also to be available for sitting out. Spaulding's orchestra, under the management of J. V. Spaulding '20 and Merrill Bufllington '21 will play at this and the succeeding dances, and refreshments will be served throughout the afternoon.