PIERIAN SODALITY MEETS PLANS FOR COMING YEAR

Rehearsals to be Held Monday and Tuesday Evenings in Pierian Room of Music Building

After the four years of war and one year of reconstruction, the Pierian Sodality is just getting back to its normal basis this season.

There are now a little over 40 men who turn out regularly to rehearsals. Twenty-three men were accepted from the trials for further tests. The management hopes that more of the old players who are now too busy with college work may yet find time to report at the rehearsals which are for the present held twice a week, on Monday and Tuesday evenings at 7.30 in the Pierian Room of the Music Building.

Although the instrumentation of the orchestra is complete, more players can be used if they report to the manager on rehearsal nights in the Pierian Room in the Music Building. There is a good opportunity for cellists, bass, viola, and wind instrument players. The Pierian wishes to have an instrumentation of 60 pieces to play the heavier pieces and to be used in some of the local concerts. An orchestra of 20 or 30 or 40 pieces will be taken on the trips according to individual requirements of concerts. Positions in the orchestra are maintained on competition only.