PENN SQUAD DEVELOPING UNDER NEW COACHING

Helsman is Introducing System so Successful at Georgia Tech--Has Mediocre Squad

At Pennsylvania, football has come in for a radical shake-up this fall. Coach John Heisman, late of Georgia Tech, is holding the reins, vice Bob Folwell, now in charge of the midshipmen at Annapolis. The situation at Pennsylvania is very much akin to that now prevailing at Cornell a new coach, new system, and green material. Reisman has been for some time acknowledged to be a first class coach, and his record compares very favorably with Dobie's. At Georgia Tech, however, he was first given headline recognition by the press, due to the remarkable aggregations that yearly won the championship of the South. He is most famous for his "Reisman Shift", and it is around this play that he has built the system he is now introducing at Pennsylvania. In the first games of the season, the team has met with fair success, but, has shown many rough edges that will have to be smoothed off before Reisman really has his system in full swing.

Win or no, the powers, that be at Penn are determined to have no recurrence of the disagreeable situation last fall when several Red and Blue regulars engaged in professional football, and look to Heisman to primarily build up a "system" at Penn even if the year is not up to the average in the matter of victories. The more enthusiastic Penn followers, however, hope that this year will see another "Golden Tornado" on Franklin Field.

The game with Cornell will be decidedly interesting this year, even if the out-come has little to do with championship titles, which seems likely, for, pitted against each other for the first time will be two very different coaching systems, each typical of the football played in its section of the country--Doble's from the Pacific Northwest; Heisman's from the South. Heisman will sorely miss at Penn the services of Strupper and Gill, who formed the center of his "Tornado" at Georgia