SPORTING WRITERS PICK ALL TIME ALL AMERICAN

TWO HARVARD MEN CHOSEN

Grantland Rice, of the New York Tribune, with the aid of "Big Bill" Edwards, of Princeton, Coaches John Heisman, of Pennsylvania, Fielding Yost, of Michigan and Glenn Warner, of Pitt, have recently picked out an all-time all-American football team.

This list which was published in a current; number of Leslie's Weekly includes, among the final selections, six Yale players, five Princeton men and two Harvard men.

The eleven that represents the con-census of their opinion includes Shevlin and Heffelfinger of Yale, and Mahan and Hardwick of the University. The four experts were unable to agree on the greatest tackles of football history as no player was given more than one vote.

The all-time all-American football team picked by these four experts lines up as follows:

Ends, Shevlin of Yale, and Hardwick of Harvard, picked by Yost and Rice; guards, Heffelfinger of Yale and Hare of Penn.: center, Schulz of Michigan; quarterback, Eckersall of Chicago; halfbacks, Therpe of Carlisle and Heston of Michigan: fullback, Mahan of Harvard. The tackle positions were left open. Thorpe's selection was unanimous, having been chosen by all four experts. Shevlin, Heffelfinger and Hare were chosen by three of them while the others received two votes.

The Team Edwards Picked

The teams picked by the four men follow: Edwards: Ends, Cochran of Princeton and Shevlin of Yale: Tackles, Hillebrand of Princeton and Graves of West Point now Army line coach); Center, Cruikshank of Washington and Jefferson; Quarterback, Boynton of Williams: Back, Trimble of Princeton, Mahan of the University, and Thorpe of Carlisle.

Yost's selections: Ends, Shevlin of Yale and Hardwick of the University: Tackles, Hart of Princeton and West of Colgate: Guards, Heffelfinger of Yale and Hare of Penn.: Center, Schulz of Michigan: Quarter, Eckersall of Chicago; Backs. Heston of Michigan, Oliphant of West Point, and Thorpe of Carlisle.

Warner's team: Ends, Hinkley of Yale and Herron of Pittsburg; Tackles Lea of Princeton and Henry of Washington and Jefferson: Guards, Heffelfinger of Yale and Hare of Penn; Center, Peck of Pittsburgh: Quarterback, Huntington of Colgate; Backs, Thorpe of Carlisle, Mahan of the University, and Heston of Michigan.

Heisman: Ends. Exerdine of Carlisle and Shevlin of Yale; Tackles, Schute of Michigan and Cutts of the University: Guards, Heffelfinger of Yale and Hare of Penn: Center, Schulz of Michigan; Quarter, Eckersall of Chicago; Backs, Thorpe and Guyon of Carlisle, and Coy of Yale.