UNIVERSITY QUINTET WINS FROM FRESHMEN

GORDON STARS FOR YEARLINGS

In a hard fought game, marred by frequent fouling, the University quintet downed the 1924 five yesterday afternoon by a score of 25-21. The Freshmen started off with a rush and rolled up nine points before the University players were able to get started. S. B. Chase '21 failed to score on three foul tries, but then R. W. Fitts '23, who had been shifted from right forward to center in place of H. B. Tyson '23, T. C. McConnell '21 replacing Fitts, broke through and caged two baskets in quick succession. L. Gordon, acting Freshman captain, proved to be the star offensive player of the yearlings, getting through for a brace of baskets and gathering five points from the foul line in the first half.

In the second half the University men came back strong and held the 1924 men down to four baskets while they rolled fifteen points, every man on the team scoring at least one basket in this period.

The chief fault of both teams was in the inaccurate passing and a tendency of their guards to overrun their men. The second half was much cleaner than the initial period, only one foul play being marked up against the University while the Freshmen made five.

The summary: UNIVERSITY.  FRESHMAN. Fitts, McConnell, r.f.  l.g., Rudolfsky McLeish, l.f.  r.g., Black Tyson, Fitts, c.  c., Sipp Chase, r.g.  l.f., Stevens, Kempner Tolbert, l.g. (captain),  r.f., Gordon (captain)

Score, University 25, Freshman 21, Goals from floor, Gordon 4, Fitts 4, McConnell 3, Chase 2, Stevens 2, Sipp 2, McLeish 1, Tolbert 1. Goals from fouls, Gordon 5, Fitts 2, McConnell 1. Referee, Dan Kelly. Time of periods, 20 and 15 minutes.

The H. A. A. has announced that for the Clark game no admission will be charged but that at the other games in the Hemenway Gymnasium the admission will be fifty cents. At some of the games there will be reserved seats, which will cost more.