BRISK SCRIMMAGE YESTERDAY

UNNIVDERSITY, 1923, AND HARVARD CLUB PLAY IN TRIANGULAR PRACTICE SERIES.

Practice at the Pavilion yesterday was marked by a number of lively scrimmages which developed into a triangular series between the University hockey team, the Freshmen, and the Harvard Club. In the first game of the series the freshmen held the University to a scoreless tie; the second match between the Freshmen and the Harvard Club resulted in a 1 to 0 victory for the former, while in the third the University regulars took another 1-0 scrimmage from the graduate team.

Thje 1923 players used the same lineup as with St. Paul's but they showed a much improved grade of hockey. In the scrimmage with the University sextet, which was a 15-minute affair, both teams were working hard, although the University forced the play during most of the time, neither team was able to cage the puck.

When the University players left the lice the Harvard Club, with C. S. Stillman '21 at goal, opposed the freshmen for a 100-minute struggle, in which the yearlings made the only score. G. Owen, captain of the 1923 team, was responsi In order to facilitate the work of the committee it is imperative that blanks be returned to the treasurer of the committee as soon as possible. As soon as each man returns his blanks he will receive tickets for himself and his partner, to whom will be sent an invitation in addition. Extra tickets may also be obtained on application.

The dance this winter will be held in the Union on the night of March 12. In arranging boxes groups of from six to 12 couples should elect their respective chairman, and as soon as possible apply in writing to G. S. Baldwin, Jr. '21 60 Mt. Auburn street, for their boxes