CRIMSON WARESTLESRS WIN 14-10

CORSON'S SCISSIORS IS FEATURED OF MATCH WITH TUFTS MATMEN.

In the first meet of the season the University wrestling team defeated the Tufts matmen at the Hamenway Gymnasium yesterday afternoon by a score of 14-10. Only three falls were made in the seven bouts, one each by B. B. Corson '21 and J. F. Browne '22 both of the University and one by Jenest of Tufts. The feature of the meet was a superb head scissors hold by Corson of the 125-pound class, which won him his bout 15 seconds, before the gong. His opponent was McArthur.

R. W. Powers '21 of the 115-pound class lost the first bout to Jenest of Tufts, going down to a fall in six and three-quarter minutes.

Captain Shea, the Medford 135-pound entry, defeated C. P. Smith '21 by ao close decision, being on top only 30 seconds.

G. V. S. Smith '22 lost in the 145-pound class to Ginzburg on a decision.

Captain J. A. McDonell '21, the Crimson leader won the next bout from Cohen. A cleverly executed scissors-hold gave him the decision.

T. L. Parsonnet '22 gained a close decision from Meade in the 175-pound bout, being on top only 15 seconds. The wrestlers were on their feet, except for this, during the entire seven minutes.

J. F. Brown '22, the University heavyweight, easily threw Anders in a two-minute bout. Brown was on top the entire bout, finally gaining a fall by a half-nelson and wrist-lock.