1920 TREASURER'S REPORT SHOWS BALANCE OF $1,323

REQUEST RETURN OF PLEDGES

At the present time there is a considerable balance, $1,323,63, in the treasury of the Class of 1920, according to the report given out today by the Secretary-Treasurer, Burnham Lewis, but it is probable that one item along of the expenses to be met this June, the Senior Class Album, will more than wipe out this surplus. Conservative estimates show that it will cost the Class between 1,599 and $2,000. In addition, there will be the cost of printing various class literature, clerical work, and many other attendant expenses of Commencement Week. Hence it is absolutely essential that every member of the Class send in his pledge to the Class Fund immediately, and that the first installment of the sum pledged be paid promptly on or before June 1.

Amounts Payable in Five Installments.

Members of the Class are reminded that the amount pledged to the Class Fund is payable in five annual installments, the first being due on or before June 1, 1920. In past years the average subscription has come to $40 and individual subscriptions have ranged from $10 to $2,000. As this year's expenses will be greater than ever before, it is hoped that subscribers will give as much as they can possibly afford; but no one should hesitate to subscribe even a very small amount, as it is the treasurer's purpose to make this fund representative of every one in the class.

The fund will be invested and its income used for the expenses of annual gatherings at Commencements, for the Triennial Reunions for printing the Secretary's report, and for any expenses that the Class may incur.

Get Pledge Cards at Thayer 38.

Any men who have not received pledge cards or who would like to gain further information may obtain the same from the Treasurer at 38 Thayer Hall.

The complete report follows:

The statement of finances for 1918-1919 as turned over by the retiring treasurer, January, 1920, is:   Receipts. Balance carried forward,  $337.51 Interest,  7.28 Total,  $344.28   Expenditures. Student Council assessment, Printing election ballots, Class Smoker, etc.,  $346.39 Overdraft at bank,  1.60   Assets. 10 $100 Liberty Bonds,  $1,000 The report of finances to date for this year, 1920 is as follows:   Receipts. Interest on Liberty Bonds,  $52.50 First installment of pledges to Class Fund,  638.00 Total,  690.50   Expenditures. Overdraft from 1918-1919,  $1.60 Student Council Assessment,  10.00 Debts of Smoker (Spring of 1919)  69.25 Smoker February 18,1920,  255.17 Clerical work--Class literature,  26.77 Debt of 1920 Junior Dance Committee,  4.08 Total expenses to date,  366.87 Receipts,  690.50 Expenses,  366.87 Balance (cash on hand),  323.63 10 $100 Liberty Bonds,  1,000.00 Total Assets,  1,323.63