1923 GRAPPLERS DEFEAT YALE

C. A. C. Eastman Stars for Freshmen By Victories in Two Classes

In their final match of the season, the 1923 wrestling team defeated the Yale Freshman team in the new Freshman Athletic Building, on Saturday by the score of 19-14. C. A. C. Eastman, Unc., the yearling Captain, was the star of the meet, winning from Davis, the Eli representative in the 175-lb. class, by a fall in 3 minutes, 5 seconds, and later downing Mackay, the Yale heavyweight, by a decision in an overtime period.

The New Haven men were exceptionally good in the lower weights, winning the 115, 125 and 135-lb bouts, Thomas, of Yale starring by winning both in the 115-lb and 125 lb. classes. The Crimson yearling grapplers, however, took all the other bouts, and ended ahead of their opponents. Both teams had been undefeated during the entire season up to this time, and by this final match, the 1923 team establishes a clean slate of victories, which means that there is a lot of promising material for the next year's University wrestling team.