CALL CANDIDATES FOR SPRING TRACK SEASON

DR. WHELAN IN CHARGE

When the candidates for the University and 1923 track teams report at Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3.30, Dr. Whelan, and Coaches Donovan and Farrell will be ready to meet them and to start the work of the spring season. Now that the hockey, swimming, basket ball, wrestling, and gymnastic teams have completed their seasons, track offers an opportunity for spring exercise. Candidates for both the University and 1923 teams will be given individual attention by the coaches with a view to developing each man.

Captain O'Connell, in his letter to prospective candidates for the team, has pointed out the fact that opportunities for winning an "H" or one's numerals are greater in track than in most sports, for there are thirteen events, and thus thirty-nine places in the Yale meet, and sixty-five in the intercollegiates where five places count.

At present the management is planning several innovations for the Locker Building, with a view to making the Track Room a place not only for dressing quarters but also a sort of club room where track candidates may lounge, read, and talk up the sport among themselves In this respect the room will parallel the H. U. B. C. room in Newell boat house which the members of the University eight use as club quarters. The room will be renovated and supplied with more chairs, current numbers of magazines, and a victrola. A box for suggestions will be set up underneath the track bulletin board so that any man who has a complaint to make or who has any new idea to offer concerning track may give his views directly to the coaches and managers for them to discuss.

In order to assist men in every way both coaches and managers will be at the field every afternoon