TEAM B SCORES VICTORY ON A

TOOK FIRST NINE-NINNING GAME OF SEASON 10-8 LAST SATURDAY

In a hard-hitting, well played game, team B of the University baseball squad won a 10-8 victory over team A in the first nine-inning contest of the season at Soldiers Field, on Saturday. On account of the cold wind Coach Slattery kept his pitchers throwing straight balls, and heavy slugging was the result. A total of 27 hits, including six double and two triples, were collected by the two teams.

Among the five pitchers who took their turn on the mound, E. S. Russell Occ., who held team A to one run in the last five innings, showed the best form. T. H. Gammack '20, who did the catching for team B, gave a fine exhibition of pegging to the bases by throwing out five men in their attempts to steal second. In the infield of Team A. Captain R. W. Emmons, 3rd. '20 and A. J. Conion '22 featured by their all-round playing. Conion also got two doubles and a sacrifice out of four times at bat, and Emmons hit two singles. K. W. Perkins '20, batting for team A. Drove in four runs altogether and scored another himself.

Team B won the game in the fourth inning by scoring six runs with two men out. With C. A. Clark, Jr., Occ. on second and R. B. Shaw '21 on first, as the result of a single and an error, C. L. Harrison, Occ., lost control and passed three batters forcing in two runs. C. J. Mason '22 and L. A. Hallock '22 followed with two base hits and T. H. Gammack. '20 brought in Mason with the sixth run by a single.

The two teams lined up as follows: Team A.--Felton, p.; Lancacaster, c.; Blair, 1b.; Emmons, 2b.; Lincoln, 3b.; Conlon, s.s.; Frothingham, l.f.; Perkins, c.f.; Hobbs, r.f. Team B.--Clark, p.; Gammack, c.; Bigelow, 1b.; Mason, 2b.; Roos, 3b.; Shaw, s.s.; Hallock, l.f.; Crocker, c.f.; E. H. Stillman, r.f