BUSINESS SCHOOL TUITION CLIMBS TO $250 PER YEAR

Dean Donham Says Increase Required to Maintain Augmented Staft for New Enrolment.

The tuition fee in the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration has been raised to $250 per year for students taking full work in the school, it was announced last night. The increase will apply to new men registering in 1920-21 but not to those now at the school.

The fee for a single course under the new arrangement will be $75.00 and for a half course, $40.00.

Wallace B. Donham '98, Dean of the Graduate School of Business Administration, said last night that the increase had been voted only because it was felt to be imperative. "Even with this increase," he said, "the tuition fees fall short of paying the cost of instruction in the Business School and the rest must be made up in other ways. We believe that most of the students can afford to pay the full $250, and to make things as easy as possible for men of moderate or small means, the Corporation and Overseers have arranged that for the present, ten per cent, of the increased income received in this way shall be applied to the Loan Fund.

Must Plan for Growth of School.

"There would be one way, to be sure, of avoiding a raise in the tuition fee. We could take advantage of the rapid growth of the school, keep our staff the same size that it is now, and simply let our classes become large and unwieldly until the work was put on a lecture basis.

"If we did that, we could meet expenses; but that we are not willing to do. We shall enlarge the staff to keep pace with the growth of the school and give as much individual instruction as possible.