A. J. CONLON LEADS BATTERS

EMMONS AND HALLOWELL TIED FOR SECOND HONORS IN PRACTICE GAMES.

Yesterday the University baseball team was again confined to the Cage because of poor weather conditions. Unless the cold spell breaks today the nine will have had no outdoor practice since last Saturday before the game with Bowdoin tomorrow. In the work in the Cage, Coach Slattery, because of reports from Brunswick that the Bowdoin team has only young and inexperienced pitchers, has concentrated on batting practice. The men have been carefully drilled in batting, and their faults pointed out and corrected.

According to batting averages compiled from the scores of the four practice games held last week with Team B and the Second Team, A. J. Conlon '22 leads the first string men, having hit three times out of four times at bat. Captain R. W. Emmons, 3d, '20, who has been on the keystone sack in every game is tied for second with R. P. Hallowell '20, with an average of .500. T. H. Gammack '20, batting at .444, W. B. Frothingham '21 at .333, A. Blair Unc., at .300, K. W. Perkins '20 at .271, and E. C. Lincoln '22 at .250 are next in the order of standing.