WRESTLERS MET WITH SUCCESS

WON FOUR MATCHES AND LOST TO ELIS--SECOND IN N. E. INTERCOLLEGIATES.

With four victories and only one defeat on its record this year, the University wrestling team has completed one of the most successful seasons it has had for a number of years. The one defeat was the final match of the season, in which the Yale team downed the University grapplers by one bout.

In the New England intercollegiates, the University team finished second, only one point behind the winner of the meet, Springfield College. At this meet, held at Springfield on March 19 and 20, the University wrestlers won New England championships in three classes. Captain B. B. Corson Occ. came out first in the 125-pound class; J. Israelite '20, by defeating Butler of M. I. T., former New England amateur champion in the 145-pound class, clinched the title in that weight; while C. P. Smith '21 won for the University in the 135-pound class.

Four Well-Earned Victories.

The four victories were over teams with which the Crimson matmen have had difficulty in past years. In the first meet of the season, the University wrestlers downed Tufts by a score of 14 to 10, only one bout to the good. The same happened in the meet with Springfield, when J. F. Brown '22 secured the deciding fall of the match in the heavy-weight class, and ended the meet with a score of 18 to 14 in favor of the University. At Princeton, the team came out on top with a score of 16 to 14, while with Brown it gained an easier victory. The Providence men were beaten 18 to 7.