GEN. NOLEN SPEAKER AT ANNUAL ELECTION OF LEGION OFFICERS

MEMBERS ONLY WILL CAST VOTES IN MEETING TONIGHT

Brigadier-General Dennis E. Nolen, head of the instruction in military intelligence in the Army War College in Washington, will be the guest of honor and principal speaker at the meeting of the James-A, Shannon Post of the American Legion, to be held in the Living Room of the Union at 8 o'clock this evening. P. B. Elliott will also speak and officers for next year will be elected.

"The Spirit of the A. E. F." will be the subject of the General's speech tonight. General Nolen, who now has the peacetime rank of a Lieutenant-Colonel, achieved distinction in France both as a line officer and as a staff officer. The most important work accomplished by General Nolen in France was the establishment of the Department of Military intelligence.

Although he was regularly an assistant chief of staff to General Pershing, on one occasion he was detailed to the front. In the Argonne Drive in 1918, he was temporarily given the command of the 28th Division, and led it through that crucial period successfully.

The election of officers will be held after the speaking; only members of the Post will be allowed to vote. The nominations follow:

Commander.

W. G. Brocker '22, J. L. Coolidge '95.

Vice-Commander.

H. H. Faxon '21, C. F. Frazier 1G.B., D. R. Hawkins 2L.

Adjutant.

K. B. Murdock '16, Paul Withington '09

Assistant Adjutant.

L. K. Garrison 1L., Ford Hibbard 1G.B.

Historian.

H. D. Smith '21, K. G. T. Webster '93.

Chaplain.

J. T. Addison '09, Murray Duart '04.

Sergeant-at-Arms.

C. F. Havemeyer '21, R. M. Sedgwick '21.

Executive Committee.

C. C. Caner 2M., R. M. Eaton, A.M. '17, R. L. Finley '21, R. L. Goodale 1M., Louis Grandgent '09, R. G. Hadley '20, R. I. Lee '02, D. M. Little '18, F. A. Little 2L., R. A. Lovett 1L., T. Lyman '97, W. Rand 2L., F. H. Turnbull '19, B. Wharton '22, F. B. Whitman 1G.B