GOLFERS CLOSE SEASON WITH YALE MATCH MONDAY

First Team and Yearlings in Matches on Providence Country Club Links

In the final match of season the University golf team will meet Yale on Monday, May 31, at the Rhode Island Country Club, Providence, R. I. with the exception of the Princeton team, Yale will be the strongest opponent the Crimson has met this year. Yale was defeated by Princeton last Saturday 7-3, while the University lost to her 7-2 several weeks ago. Since that time, however, the Crimson has improved greatly and with several new men on the team should prove their superiority over the Elis on Monday. With the exception of the Princeton match the University has not been defeated. The probable line-ups will be as follows: Harvard-Captain H. S. Lake '20, C. W. Baker '22, A. L. Peirson '20, F. McN. Bacon, '21, J. H. Eaton '22, D. Jones '22, E. B. Duncan '21, will play in the foursomes in the morning. Yale-Scott, Buffigton, Blanchard, Finkerstedt, McAleenan, Gardner.

The Freshman five-man team will also oppose Yale Monday on the Rhode Island links. During the recent week the 1923 golfers have been steadily improving their game, but still fall to measure up to the Yale team, which includes several players of ability well known in golfing circles. The following men will represent the two universities: Harvard-C. C. de Gersdorff, G. G. Folin, D. A. Williams, S. H. Browne and W. W. Culter Jr. Yale-Sweetzer, Conklin, Lowell and Rumsey.