SQUASH PLAYERS IN TITLE MATCH TODAY

Champions to be Decided This Afternoon--University Meets Union Boat Club -- Baker Unable to Appear in Line-Up

The University squash team and the Union Boat Club will play to decide the club championship of the Massachusetts Squash Racquets Association on the courts of the Harvard Club of Boston today, the first matches being scheduled for 3 o'clock. Today's contest is the result of the University's defeat by the Boat Club two weeks ago, which enabled the latter to tie the Crimson for first place in the Association.

What may be a serious obstacle to the University's chances of winning developed when it was announced last night that Myles P. Baker '22 will in all probability be unable to play today, due to illness. Baker, who has played number 3 all season, is one of Coach Cowles's most reliable players, and his absence will be keenly felt this afternoon. His inability to play will necessitate the first change in the University line-up since its final formation in December. Carroll Harrington '24, captain of Team B, whose playing has shown consistent improvement, will play on Team A this afternoon in the absence of Baker.

The feature encounter will be that between the rival captains, Malcolm Bradlee '22 of the University and C. C. Peabody of the Union Boat Club, to be played at 3 o'clock on Court 1. Although Peabody was the winner in their last encounter, the match was very close, and some excellent squash is expected this afternoon.

D. McK. Key '22 and Mark Wendell will play at 3 o'clock on Court 2. These men are very evenly matched, and the outcome will probably be in doubt to the last point.

R. E. Smith '22 and E. M. Hinkle '23 will play at 4 o'clock on courts 1 and 2 respectively; and will have as their opponents C. J. Lennihan and Bartlett Harwood. The last match of the afternoon will be played at 5 o'clock and will be between Carroll Harrington '24 and W. F. Howe.

Coach Cowles has been giving his men stiff work-outs this week, on the Harvard Club Courts; and they are expected to show up well this afternoon. All members of the University will be admitted to the matches free of charge.

University Team B will face the Boston Athletic Association in their last league game of the season at 2.30 o'clock at the University Squash Courts. C. J. Mason Jr. '22 will act as captain, and the other members of the team will be F. I. Carpenter Jr. '24, C. C. Colt '24, J. T. Bradlee '22, and R. C. Bostwick '23.